Having missed last week’s dish I was happy to get back into the swing of things this week. As the 7th edition of 深夜食堂煮婦同樂會 brings a dish that would be most frequently found at izakayas (居酒屋). Bacon and tomato wraps. A relatively simple dish that can be made quickly.
And so onto the ingredients:
1) Pre-heat the grill on a low-to-medium heat. Wash and cut the tomatoes to the desired size.
2) Brush the rack lightly with olive oil.
3) Roll the tomatoes up in the bacon strips.
4) Season lightly with white and black pepper.
5) Grill for 12-15mins until the bacon is cooked through and browned, turning occasionally.
The smoky and salty bacon compliments the sweet and tart tomatoes perfectly. A great snack for all times of the day. Although bacon and tomato is of course a time-tested combination, there is another great partnership to be found here – one of my personal favourites!
Unless I’m eating it at breakfast, having bacon almost always calls for a beer!
Here are the other members’ dishes this week: